Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cloud Computing

How will it be if we all get laptops and in the office we have no fixed chairs but only bean bags.
Even no need to come to office if you dont feel like. just work from your home because your office will no more have any infrastructure like server and network to connect. Simply get connected via net and start working. This is no more a dream. Companies like Google, Microsoft and Amazon are making this possible.
Last month I attended a seminar on cloud computing given by Amazon. Its realy very exciting concept coming up. Let me share in nut shell what is this all about.
This is based on Saas(Software as a service) architecture and Pay-Per-Use service. Its like Amazon has its own server. I can register with Amazon to use that server. I dont have to buy my own server or infrastructure. I will just pay for what i use. If i need more, automatically depending upon my use, infrastructure will be provided. Its a way to increase capacity or add capabilities on the fly without investing in new infrastructure, training new personnel, or licensing new software. Security is also guarented.

I wil come up with its pros n cons very soon.

No comments:

Incredible India

DAFFY DEFINITIONS:-

WHO IS A POLITICIAN??

One who shakes your hand before elections and your confidence after.